CITY till we die!
True fans of football! ;)
Saturday, March 7, 2009
What's goin on...
Alright here is the update...

Not sure what to write about except for one thing. I'm in the process of becoming a Drop Master and things have been flying right along. On what was supposed to be my last qualifying flight before going to On The Job Training I received a call right before shutting my phone off. It was Sarah's mom calling to tell me that Sarah was being taken to the hospital. She told me that Sarah had been stabbed. I asked where first and she said the leg. Typical guy, i thought in my head, "She's fine.". lol But then I was told she was being taken to the emergency room. So i jump off my flight and run to the hospital. Here I am freaking out and as i walk into the emergency room, there she is smiling and laughing. Apparently what happened is that she was in a hurry so she threw her lunch (including a steak knife to cut her fruit) into a shopping bag. When she used her hip to close her car door the bag swung at her leg with the knife sticking out. Next thing she knew she had a blade about and inch deep into her leg. Being the tough one she is, she pulled the knife out right there herself. Everyone freaked out and called 911. Called me freaking out. I freaked out that she was going into EARLY stress induced labor! So that's how we all ended up in the hospital. lol

Here's a pic of the cut after some healing...not to mention the ring some of you wanted to see...


And here's my always beautiful wife, with our two little girls, laying in bed.
:)


Sarah also had her baby/wedding shower about two weeks ago. The best part was that Mama was able to come from home and GK, Susanna, and Van came from NY. We had lots of fun with them her and all the other family and friends. Mama was able to come on base and walk through my plane. I'm told she "lost" the pictures she took so i'm gonna have to take some for her and everyone to see.

As for me...like i already stated, I'm in my last phase of DM quals. Runnin right through them I finished all my ground phases and test in one day. Yes...I'm bragging. haha And now I've been sent by my Master Chief to do on the job training with the Civil Service workers and contractors at the Coast Guards, Aviation Supply and Repair Center. These guys are some of the best and most knowledgeable at their jobs. It's been a lot of fun and a good experience with good guys. In the last week I've helped remove side panels and rivet new ones on. Another week of that and then it's off to the composite shop for two weeks.

So that pretty much has been our lives for the last little while.
7 Comments:
Blogger Kayla Laird said...
Sarah is one tough cookie

Blogger Aimee said...
Glad everyone is okay.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'm SOOOO glad you finally posted something. Sarah definately fits into this family and IS one tough cookie (as Kayla states). Personally I probably would have freaked out at that call too. Glad all is well. BTW how about some current pictures of the expectant mama!?

Blogger Jennifer said...
Finally an update, all things considered I'm glad it was "just" a stab wound. :)

Blogger Dad Risser said...
Typical guy; in the leg, iot's OK no big deal. She is one tough cookie.

Blogger Dad Risser said...
Oh Yeah!! Nice ring. Put another picture of it on the blog. One where we can see the details.

Blogger Kristy said...
I'm so glad Sarah is ok, hey maybe now you two can have matching leg scars. Just trying to make Jeremy feel bad :)
Sarah's ring is beautiful, do you get the credit for that one, or did she help you out? Either way, I love it! Oh and good job on the career stuff too, it's so fun to hear from someone who really loves their job.

-Kristy